- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
This Policy applies to TheHighlandsEstate.com. We may post additional information if more details are needed to explain our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We receive and may store any information you enter on our websites. The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient.
Our Web site may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Processing returns, exchanges and layaway requests
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
- Facilitating interactions with The Highlands Estate and others, such as enabling you to email a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
TheHighlandsEstate.com does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing chat functions
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law. We also may share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of TheHighlandsEstate.com, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. TheHighlandsEstate.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The TheHighlandsEstate.com Web site uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our Web site such as ordering information including your name, address and credit card number. Information you provide to us via our in-store kiosk does not traverse the public Internet.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
- Request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail or direct mail or mobile communication that you receive from us.
- Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to us via our Contact Us page.
- Send a letter with your request and current contact information to:
The Highlands Estate
33430 Hwy 128
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Protecting Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites